St. Ambrose University is an accredited, comprehensive university well-known for its commitment to academic excellence, the liberal arts, social justice, and service. Rated among the top regional universities, SAU offers more than 70 areas of study leading to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. The most common areas of undergraduate study for its international students are Engineering, Computer Science, Business, and Management. At the graduate level, the programs with high international enrollment are the Master of Accounting, Master of Business Administration, and Master of Science in Information Technology Management.
The university’s salient features are:
- Scholarships of up to 50% of one year’s tuition for first-year qualified applicants, renewable for up to four years of undergraduate studies
- Full support — academic, personal, cultural, and legal — for international students provided by the Office of International Student Services
- 11-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Most professors with PhD or terminal degrees in their fields
- Highly interactive, on-campus community involved in various extra-curricular events, especially community service